Message from VP of Institutional Advancement (IA)
Happy springtime to all the members of our Ferrum Family! With the New Year well under way and the campus charging full speed ahead to commencement, I wanted to share my reflections on the year’s progress with you.
In addition to the logistics of the Athletics department returning to our IA team, our offices have been hard at work raising funds to support the priorities of the Centennial Campaign and setting new records in endowment fundraising, promoting goodwill among the entire Ferrum Family, maintaining the farm and new exhibits in the museum, and sending out the latest news and photos to you via snail mail and social media.
And if that isn’t enough, here is a brief list of other activities our staff (along with you, of course) have been busy with:
- The Norton-Tolley Press Box—fundraising completed; new facility built, opened, and dedicated
- New sports radio show launched
- New sports and new coaches added to the athletic roster
- Panther Club—reintroduced fundraising program in support of FC sports with new marketing
- Mary Morton Parsons Foundation matching gift for Garber Hall—fundraising completed and received
- Ferrum College website redesigned and a new CMS system launched
- New web designer hired (meet Kym Davis below!)
- Centennial Calendar/Honor Roll of Donors—produced, printed, and mailed to all 2012–2013 donors
- Stop Hunger Now—funding completed for Founder’s Day celebration on February 8, 2014
- Digital media library completed with a gift of $10,000
- The 40th Annual Folklife Festival celebrated a pivotal anniversary
- Blue Ridge Performing Arts Series—developed new on-campus series, produced and publicized first half of 2013–2014 schedule
- Alumni Chapter Centennial Celebration Events held in Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Blue Ridge and Boca Raton, Florida
- Endowed chaplaincy—publicized priority with the launch of the “Beatty Challenge”
- Centennial Celebration—four days of Homecoming events, marking the 100th anniversary of the founding of Ferrum College, hosted on campus
We are all “Ferrum Proud” and happy to have the opportunity to promote and maintain support for this great institution, particularly in this centennial year.
Thank you for being an active member of the Ferrum family; your participation and contributions truly keep the momentum of this great institution going. If you have questions or concerns or just want to visit, please call on us. We are just a phone call or an email away!
With warm regards,
Kimberly P. Blair
Interactive Media & Design Manager
Kymberleigh Davis joined Ferrum College’s Marketing & Communications Department (formerly Public Relations) at the beginning of September 2013. Her role includes maintaining and promoting interactive content as well as increasing Ferrum College’s social media presence.
Davis received her undergraduate degree from Roanoke College and brings more than 10 years’ experience in advertising, art direction, and interactive work to the department. Her career history includes positions as a senior art director, at Neathawk Dubuque & Packett as well as numerous awards for her creative work.
An artist in her personal life as well, Davis also pursues her photography, with several pieces being accepted in juried art exhibitions. She lives in Salem with her identical twin sister.